It is no secret that the Pentium Extreme Edition CPU is Intel's push on the enthusiast market. The Pentium-XE as we call it supports two cores with Hyper-Threading on each allowing a maximum of four recognisable CPU's. Now for current games, we don't see any advantage, as most games can't even take advantage of two CPU's but for the multimedia masses and multitask who want to run not only a game, but a video as well as a MP3 ripping at the same time, this CPU is definitely going to be the goods for you.
One thing though is chipset support. While nVidia was supposed to have support for the Pentium-XE with the nForce 4 Intel Edition, it didn't turn out to have any - in fact, only one company has managed to get it working on this chipset, and not very well, but this is a discussion for a later article. This leaves only one chipset supporting the Pentium-XE at the time of writing, the I955X from Intel.
Gigabyte sent us their GA-8I955X Royal motherboard, their own attempt at putting a motherboard on the premium chopping blocks for the end users wanting the best performance and features to purchase.
Does it have we it takes to beat out our resident I955X powerhouse, the ASUS P5WD2? Read on to find out as we take a real close look at the motherboard from Gigabyte.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4